The Notice to Quit is a notice under the Protection from Eviction Act 1977 as is in required to provide a minimum notice period of 28 days. The Notice to Quit can be used in a variety of circumstances and for different types of agreements.
A Notice to Quit is essentially the notice to use in most cases where the tenancy type is not a tenancy subject to the Housing Act 1988 (as amended) such as a licence agreement or the common law tenancy for example (where the tenant is a corporate body e.g. limited company). This notice can apply to terminate an agreement when the fixed term comes to an end or in the case of a breach of contract. Before serving notice it is wise to seek a determination from a professional what notice should be served to avoid delays with eviction in the event an incorrect notice is served.

When a possession claim is issued pursuant to a Notice to Quit the procedure enables the claimant to seek for a county court judgement for any debt owed, such as rent arrears, damages or any debt owed under the agreement.

We can usually draft and serve a Notice to Quit the same day we are instructed so long as we receive the instructions before 3 PM on a working day along with the relevant information.

residential tenant eviction service

We lead the way with evictions, helping landlords are agents nationally with a guaranteed eviction service and free advice line. Click to read our eviction service page.

Contact our experts now

our free advice line
020 3903 2000

Our expertise in property law has not brought only landlords and agents to us, but also solicitors and others in the legal profession.




British Landlords Association The BLA


landlord advice uk on channel 5


Why are you different to other firms?

We aren’t just an eviction company, we specialise in property law and our impartial advice can prove the same beyond doubt. We lead the way with evictions Nationally because of our knowledge and success in helping landlords and agents.

Can I evict the tenant if I lost my agreement?

Yes you can still evict your tenant in the absence of a written tenancy agreement, we will assess the arrangements between the parties to determine the type of tenancy in order to serve the correct notice, the tenancy will likely be the default tenancy agreement which is an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement.

I live abroad, can you still handle my case?

Yes, we deal with many overseas landlords and gain possession of their property in their absence and keep them up to date through the process. We can even secure the property after the eviction.

How can you guarantee an eviction?

Our expertise and knowledge in property law allows us to guarantee landlords and agents eviction. In most cases it is a matter of legal compliance and accuracy which determines if we can guarantee if eviction. Where legal compliance has been an issue for the landlord we will advise and assist comply with relevant legislation to enable a successful eviction.